Monday, August 06, 2007

Sequential Cards - #1!

This past spring I ended up at the yard sale of a long time schoolteacher. As a mother, there is nothing more promising than the prospect of boxes of untouched teaching suppies. My mind immediately began to fantasize about golden-lit moments of mother/daughter bonding and educational crafting.

Yes, I could have spent much longer perusing that yard sale, but my husband and two-year old were waiting patiently for me in the idling car. I had to grab and think fast. I am so happy I scored these brilliant "Sequential Living" cards made by "DLM Teaching Resources - Allen,TX" This series is called "Independent Living" and features all kinds of groovy looking retro characters as they do their household chores. Soul bro here is my fave. I love that baby fro! And OMG, does he have an eight ball applique on his shirt?!

Wow, such retro fun! At 51/2" x 6" in size, they are quite large. I have thought about framing them and putting them in sequential order along Nova's bedroom wall. Although I might have a hard time figuring out the right order myself. More sequential cards to come!


1 comment:

Samantha said...

Your daughter would have the hippest bedroom wall ever.